Thursday, July 12, 2012

Milk?

I have always craved milk since I was a little girl, until very recently. I always had a strong urge to guzzle that jug down and be done with it, and never really knew why. I always thought I needed the calcium or just wanted the taste.

Two random facts floated through my life a few days ago, and it has cropped up over and over. One: a person is recommended to have 50 grams of protein a day and Two: milk is, after you remove the fat and calcium, a good source of protein (8-10g a serving, actually). Now that I can afford to buy whey proteins, I find that I stop craving milk when I have the whey.

It strikes me, and gives me a conformation of HAES, that all this time my cravings weren't for certain foods or drinks, but for the certain nutrients that the foods contained. Maybe this is why, after consuming the nutrients I need, I have dropped a considerable amount of weight. Maybe it has more to do with the fact that I have had no choice up until now in what I could feed myself and never even considered this possible. I am curious now to what other things I crave and why! Journey on, journey on.

No comments:

Post a Comment