Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Blues - Pasta!

I know I haven't been writing last week - partly because of work, but mostly because I dunno what to post about.

But today I will introduce two new recipes! First up, Pasta. Here is how I make it.

Ingredients:

1 lb - Delallo organic Fusilli pasta (whole wheat)
1 jar Emeril's pasta sauce (I like the Roasted Gaaahlic) or Newman's Own pasta sauce
1 lb ground turkey (93% lean)
1/4 can olives, sliced (I would prefer green, but I only had black. Also, I put in 1/2 can in pic)
1/2 jar jalapenos
1 or 2 bell peppers, color of choice, sliced (unfortunately, I didn't have any, so no bell peppers in pic)
1 onion (ditto above)

Brown the turkey, boil the pasta until al dente, and drain both. Throw everything into the pot, stir, and serve hot. Leftovers should be chilled and can be eaten cold later. Easy and quick!

Next, the drink!

1 gallon container
1-2 cups Real Lemon juice (depending on your wanted pucker)
1 cup sugar
water

Put the Real Lemon juice and sugar into the container, and fill the rest of the container with water. Stir, serve cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment